Ramadan Projects 2020
Ramadan Projects 2020
Due to the difficult circumstances the Gaza Strip is going through from poverty, unemployment, , difficult economic and humanitarian conditions, the Palestinian Orphan Home Association seeks to increase the number of beneficiaries, to benefit the largest possible number of targeted groups of orphans, the poor and the needy, where charitable projects are implemented, including:
- Fast breaking project.
- Eid clothes Project
- Food parcels project
- Purchasing vouchers project
- Distributing Zakat and charity
Project objectives and outputs
- Contributing to providing basic necessities for poor and needy families during Ramadan and alleviating their living hardships.
- Supporting poor and needy families by providing them with a food parcel during the month of Ramadan, which contributes to alleviating their suffering and that of their children.
- Providing fast breaking (meals) to poor families during the month of Ramadan, helping them to fast and alleviate their suffering.
- Provide Eid clothes for poor and needy children and orphans to draw a smile on their faces during Eid.
- Establishing the sunnah of social solidarity in its highest form, by feeding food and helping the needy families to fast.
- Introducing joy and happiness to the souls of the fasting people who benefit from the project from the segment of the poor and those in need of his saying, may God’s prayers and peace be upon him: “The fasting person has two joys that rejoice if he breaks his joy by breaking his fast and if his Lord finds joy in his fasting.”
- The revival of the Sunnah of Mustafa, “peace and blessings be upon him,” and to seek the reward in which he, peace and blessings be upon him, said: “The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “He who provides a fasting person something with which to break his fast, will earn the same reward as the one who was observing the fast, without diminishing in any way the reward of the latter.
Improving the living and social conditions of a number of poor and needy families and orphans during the month of Ramadan.
Target group and selection criteria:
- Poor and needy families
- Families of orphans
- Families of the sick and the elderly
The following is a detailed explanation of the projects that the Palestinian Orphan Association will implement during Ramadan 2020:
First / food parcel project
Through this project, a food package will be distributed that includes food for the poor, needy, orphans, widows and the elderly. The aim of the project is to alleviate the burdens of the needy families and spread the spirit of compassion and solidarity during the holy month by distributing food parcels and providing all the basic needs of the poor who do not have a breadwinner to help them establish and fast the month of Ramadan.
Second / Fast breaking project (meals)
The association provides meals and distributes them to poor and needy families in their homes. Where the meal will be rice and chicken , dates, milk and yougurt “The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “He who provides a fasting person something with which to break his fast, will earn the same reward as the one who was observing the fast, without diminishing in any way the reward of the latter
We hope through this project to support the largest possible number of people in need in all areas of the Gaza Strip.
Third / Eid clothes project
Many families live in situations of suffering and cannot purchase new clothes for their children throughout the year. These families have no choice but to be silent on this occasion. The association aims to help those families and to leave a good impact on the hearts of children and alleviate the deprivation in which they live. Among the other goals that the project achieve: drawing a smile on the faces of children people after what they missed in bitter circumstances, and sharing the joy of the poor during Eid by wearing new clothes.
This project comes in compliance with the saying of the Messenger, may Allah’s prayers and peace be upon him, ‘For whomever pleases a Muslim reward, I shall not be satisfied with any reward for him less than Paradise.'”
Fourth / Zakat and charity project
There is no doubt that zakat al-fitr has a good effect on the hearts of all Muslims, especially the poor, since it is before the blessed Eid al-Fitr, as this Zakat is obligatory for all Muslims fasting and non fasting, it is taken out from the entire Muslim family, and it draws joy on the faces of the beneficiaries. Ramadan is considered the title of generosity, benevolence, and charity, the month of communication and solidarity, in which the hearts of believers have mercy. During the holy month, the richest brothers feel their poor brothers to relieve them of the hardships of living, and achieve the highest meanings of social solidarity.
God Almighty said: ” And they give food in spite of love for it to the needy, the orphan, and the captive,”,the Messenger of Allah peace be upon him said: “Like the believers in their mutual love and sympathy like one body if the member complained to falter, the rest of the body with fever and ensure ”
From here it becomes clear the need to support poor families and alleviate their daily and suffering, especially during the month of Ramadan, in which those families are waiting to be supported and reduce their distress.
Through this project, various charitable Ramadan projects will be implemented, including (Zakat al-Fitr and Money Distribution Project) for poor and needy families. Distribution will be carried out in all areas of the Gaza Strip based on the need of those areas.
Fifth / Purchasing Vouchers Project
Based on the association’s keenness to contribute to alleviating the sufferings of needy and the affected people of our Palestinian people and seeking to draw a smile on the lips of the deprived, orphans and poor by distributing purchasing vouchers to poor and needy families whose breadwinners cannot work or cannot find the work to secure the basic needs of his family and children.
Through this project, after receiving the special coupon, the family can go to the shop or supermarket to purchase the basic needs.
|No.||Item||Unit cost $||Number|
|5.||Distribution of zakat al-fitr and alms||30||4500|
Our prophet Mohammad Peace be upon him, said:Dear brothers:
A Muslim is the brother of a fellow-Muslim. He should neither commit oppression upon him nor ruin him, and he who meets the need of a brother, Allah would meet big needs, and he who relieved a Muslim from hardship Allah would relieve him from the hardships to which he would be put on the Day of Resurrection, and he who did not expose (the follies of a Muslim) Allah would conceal his follies on the Day of Resurrection.
Dear brothers, we present to you this important project, hoping that you will contribute in funding it
To help the poor who are unable to provide the basic daily life needs, let us work together to help them, support them and alleviate their suffering during the holy month of Ramadan.
May Allah bless you and reward you all the best
Palestinian Orphan Home Association
Gaza Strip – Palestine