Qurbani Project for the Gaza Strip 1441 H – 2020 M
Needy and poor families in Gaza strip is increasing in terrifying way according the humanitarian figures, the poverty rate reached to 53% of people in Gaza strip, unemployment reached 45.1%, and more than 86.1% of Palestinian households depend on humanitarian aids from donor’s organization and philanthropists.
In addition to what Gazan people suffer from 14 years, new suffering added to People in Gaza due to Corona “COVID-19 pandemic and the effects of quarantine measures on the life of ordinary citizens, more than 140,000 workers in Gaza Strip who get daily incomes have been added to the unemployment lists, and this requires intensified efforts to support them.
Every year ,The Palestinian Orphan Home association implements Qurbani project in the Gaza Strip. Thankfully, this project has achieved success in the previous years, this encourages the association to implement this project this year, especially due to the worsening economic situation of poor and needy families.
By the grace of God and thanks to the efforts and donations of the benefactors, tens of thousands of sacrifices are distributed to the poor, orphans and the needy.
New statistics in the Gaza Strip showed that the living conditions in the Gaza Strip deteriorated to their highest levels compared to previous years.
Every year, The Palestinian Orphan Home association implements Qurbani project in the Gaza Strip. Thankfully, this project has achieved success in the previous years, this encourages the association to implement this project this year, especially due to the worsening economic situation of poor and needy families.
Problem and justifications
- The low standard of living in the Gaza Strip for thousands of Palestinian families, and their inability to purchase basic necessities for their lives, especially during Eid al-Adha.
- Continuation of the siege imposed on the Gaza Strip, which in turn led to an increase in the number of poor and needy families, and increase the unemployment rate and the number of unemployed.
- The high prices of meat, and the low income, which means inability of poor families and needy to buy Qurbani meat during the Eid al-Adha.
- Corona’s virus and the effects of quarantine led to the addition of thousands of workers and workers daily wages to the ranks of unemployment.
- Encouraging applying the rites of Islam and the Sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, and to draw a smile on the lips of the poor and needy during Qurbani season.
It is thus clear that the extremely difficult humanitarian conditions in the Gaza Strip, this require the greatest effort and the greatest contribution to alleviating the siege and improving the living conditions of our people in the Gaza Strip.
It is necessary for Palestinian Orphans Home Association to provide assistance that alleviates the suffering of these families, so each year the association implement the project of Qurbani and distribute meat to the poor and needy in the Gaza Strip.
Following the order of Allah Almighty, ” So pray to your Lord and sacrifice [to Him alone].
,” and his saying, ” And We ransomed him with a momentous sacrifice.” And following the Sunnah of the Prophet of Allah, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, who sacrificed two sheep, and a revival of the Sunnah of the Prophet’s father and messengers Ibrahim, peace be upon him in the redemption of his beloved son Ismail peace be upon him, and because that the sacrifice is one of the most beloved works for that helps Muslim to be close to Allah in this great day. Each year in the Eid al-Adha , the association starts the preparation and implementation of Qurbani project to meet the needs of a vulnerable people of the Gaza Strip during the days of Eid al-Adha, those days where the believers has this great chance to worship Allah.
The Palestinian Orphan Home Association undertakes all activities of the project, which include purchasing of sacrifices, slaughtering and distribution the meat to the beneficiary in all areas in the Gaza Strip.
To contribute to the provision of sacrificial meat for orphans, widows, poor families and needy people.
Special expected objectives
- Introduce joy and smile to thousands of Palestinian families during Eid al-Adha, by providing them with sacrificial meat
- Mitigating the suffering of the Palestinian people in the Gaza Strip.
- Creating jobs and supporting the Palestinian economy in Gaza by supporting the farms of cows and sheep.
- To strengthen the feeling of our people in Gaza with the support of their brothers in the Arab and Islamic world.
- Working towards achieving the principle of social solidarity and interdependence among the nation’s people.
- Poor and needy families
- Families of orphans
- Families of patients and the elderly
- Affected families by the current situation in the sector
– Price of sacrifice (sheep) 350 USD
– The price of one share in the calf is $ 300
The Orphan Home Assocition seeks to distribute Qurbani meat machine about 3000 poor and needy families, where each family benefit from 1-2 kg, according to the number of family members.
In conclusion, the Palestinian Orphan Home Association is grateful to you for your generosity to the Palestinian people in particular and to humanity in general. I wish you continue your efforts to draw the smile on the deprived lips and alleviate the suffering.
We also hope to contribute in funding this project, which aims at alleviating the pain and suffering of Palestinians in the Gaza Strip and to please them during Eid al-Adha.
May Allah bless you